- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Servings: 6
A delicious, hearty spaghetti bolognese recipe featuring beef bone broth, for an extra hit of deep, savoury flavour.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 rashers smokey bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 x 400g tinned tomatoes or pasatta
- 2 generous handfuls of basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 500ml Take Stock Beef Bone Broth
- 125ml red wine
- 400g spaghetti
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the bacon and fry until crisp
- Reduce heat and add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic cloves. Fry for 10 mins until soft.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the beef mince, cooking for 5-6 mins until browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, the roughly torn basil, oregano, bay leaf, tomato purée, Take Stock Beef Bone Broth and red wine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 1 hour, stirring so the bottom does not catch.
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling water, along with a generous pinch of salt.
- Drain the spaghetti and reserve some of the pasta water.
- Combine the pasta and your bolognese sauce, adding a little pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce mixture.
- Serve with parmesan and any remaining basil leaves.