- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 40 mins
- Servings: 2½ cups
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 100ml red wine
- 500ml of Take Stock Chicken Bone Broth
- Melt the butter in a deep pan over a medium heat, and add onions.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the onions begin to soften and turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic and herbs and saute for a minute. Then deglaze the pan with the red wine.
- Add the bone broth and turn the heat up high. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer.
- Cover the pan and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture reduces by half.
- Place the remaining sauce into a blender and puree until smooth.
If you happen to have also roasted a chicken, you can add all the roasting juices into the blender as well before blending.