- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 2
- 4 free-range sausages
- 6 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 70 g plain flour
- 2 free-range medium eggs
- 100 ml milk
- olive oil
- sea salt and ground pepper
This recipe includes our Perfect Onion Gravy.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C.
- Place the flour into a medium bowl and beat in the eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and beat until the batter is smooth. Season generously with salt and pepper. Leave at room temperature while you cook the sausages.
- Place the sausages and sage in a cast iron pan or baking tin with a splash of vegetable oil. Place in the oven and brown on all sides.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully pour in the batter. When hot enough the batter will sizzle around the edges.
- Return the tin to the oven and leave for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
- Serve with the onion gravy and mustard.